City defeated Chelsea 2-0 in February 2013 at the Etihad Stadium as the Blues tried, in vain - as it eventually turned out - to defend the Premier League title. City eventually finished second, three points ahead of Chelsea. The goals in this game were of the highest calibre, first from Yaya Toure before a Carlos Tevez rocket settled the match.
This was the City breakthrough on the day, with Toure the goalscorer in brilliant fashion after 63 minutes.
1. Sergio Aguero - City's striker - still wearing the number 16 shirt here, scored 17 goals in the 2012/13 season in what by his incredible standards was a fairly lean year. He didn't grab a goal in this game, but he scored four against Chelsea last season including a Stamford Bridge hat-trick, a rare feat indeed. Now playing in the number 10 shirt for City he needs just one more goal to equal Colin Bell on 153 goals for City - third on the all-time list.
2. Pablo Zabaleta - This game was one of 42 appearances by City's Argentinian warrior in the 2012/13 season. The 31-year-old recently passed the 300 appearance mark for City, including 13 in the current campaign.
3. David Luiz - The opinion-splitting Brazilian was in the first of two spells at Chelsea here, either side of a two-year stint at Paris St Germain. He made 31 league appearances in the 2012/13 season and has made nine so far in 2016/17 for Antonio Conte's side.
4. Carlos Tevez - The Argentinian has his arms aloft here in celebration of Toure's goal, but the Argentinian was soon to be on target himself. Like his compatriot and strike partner Aguero, Tevez scored 17 times in what proved a tough campaign for City. At the conclusion of it, he left for Juventus before a long-promised move to Boca Juniors in summer 2015.
5. Petr Cech - the big Czech spent more than a decade at Chelsea from 2004-2015, before making the cross-capital switch to Arsenal. He conceded to Toure and Tevez in this match, just as he did in the season's FA Community Shield curtain raiser in City's 3-2 win (Samir Nasri got the other that day). Once City's 2-1 FA Cup win was done and dusted on 14 April 2013, Cech had conceded seven goals against City in the season.
6. Ashley Cole - Cole was in his penultimate season of a lengthy Chelsea stint, during which time he established himself as one of the world's top left-backs. He moved on to Roma in 2014 and then LA Galaxy in 2016.
7. Frank Lampard - Lampard is a picture of frustration in our freeze frame - he had seen his penalty saved by Joe Hart earlier in the match - but little did he know how his future would become positively entwined with City. A legend at Stamford Bridge after 13 years of sterling service, Lampard switched to the Sky Blue of City for the 14/15 season, remarkably coming off the bench to score against his old side in the 1-1 Etihad Stadium draw in that campaign. He subsequently signed for sister club New York City, recently leaving there for pastures new.
Watch highlights of the game here